Key federal officials from the Department of Health and Human Services are the featured presenters at a briefing this Thursday in Sacramento.
The topics are two key elements of the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA): the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Program (PCIP)–a new option for those denied by private insurers because of their health status–and the Consumer Assistance Program (CAP)–new resources to help patients navigate the health system. Both of these programs are up and running now, and this forum is to help organization better inform their members about these benefits.
The briefing is Thursday, February 24, 2011, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
It will be at the California Department of Health Care Services, East End Complex, 1500 Capitol Avenue, Auditorium, Sacramento, CA 95814
The speakers include:
* Richard Popper & Eliza Bangit, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services, HHS
* Herb K. Schultz, Region IX Director, HHS
* Janette Casillas, Executive Director of the California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board
* Cindy Ehnes, Director of California Department of Managed Health Care
* Janice Rocco, Deputy Insurance Commissioner for Health Policy
Folks can RSVP to Eric Alborg at email@example.com or call (415) 437-8500.